What is an Injection Molding Machine?
Injection molding is a manufacturing process generally used for fabricating items from plastic trinkets and toys to cell phone cases, automotive body parts, containers and water bottles. Essentially many of the plastic parts that we use in regular life are injection molded. It is a fast process to make a big amount of identical plastic parts. It is a fast process to make a big amount of identical plastic parts. The flexibility in size and shape achievable by the use of injection molding has continually widened the boundaries of design in plastic and permitted substantial substitutes of traditional materials due to light weighting and design freedom.
Classification of Injection Molding Machines
Here are the classifications of injection molding machines:
- Hydraulic injection molding machines
Hydraulic injection molding machines are the most general type of machine on the market. They are generally less costly than serve or electronic electric machines, and they are simple to operate. Hydraulic injection molding machines uses hydraulic pump to produce force, which is then used to inject molten plastic into the mold cavity.
- Electric injection molding machines
Electric injection molding machines are becoming more famous in recent years. They are highly energy-efficient than hydraulic machines, and they provide bigger control over the injection process. Electric machines use an electric motor to produce force, which is then used to inject molten plastic into the mold the mold cavity.
- Servo-electronic injection molding machines
Servo-electric injection molding machines are the latest type of machines on the market today. They are more power-efficient than electric or hydraulic machines, and they provide bigger control over the injection process. Servo-electronic machines use a servo motor to produce pressure, which is then used to inject molten plastic into the mold cavity.
Advantages of Vertical Injection Molding Machine
- Vertical injection molding machines and horizontal molding machines are vital machines for production in today society, and have a big market and development prospect. There is no doubt that vertical injection molding machines and horizontal injection molding machines have big differences visible to bare eye, then they are also extremely different in terms of areas and functions of expertise. Here are the advantages of Vertical Injection Molding Machine:
- Vertical injection molding is simple to realize insert molding. Because of the surface of the mold is facing upward, it is simple to put the insert into position. If the upper plate is movable and lower mold plate is fixed, the mixture of belt pulling conveyor and robot can simply realize completely mechanic insert molding.
- Vertical injection molding machine can take up each plastic cavity by mechanical robot, which is conductive to right molding.
- The general clamping device is open around the mold, simple to configure all types of mechanical devices, adapt to the delicate and complex products of automatic molding.
- The vertical injection molding machines pulling belt can be simply fixed in the center of the mold, which is perfect to realize mechanical production of molding.
- Vertical injection molding machine for little batch trail production, the mold structure is affordable and simple, and simple to unload.
- Equipped with moving table, rotary table, and tilting table, it is simple to realize insert molding and in-mold mixture molding.
- Comparable to horizontal injection molding machine, this machine is easier to make sure the consistency of resin fluidity and mold temperature distribution.
- Vertical machine has excellent seismic resistance matched with the horizontal machine because of its low center gravity.
What is rotary table plastic injection molding machine?
Rotary table plastic injection molding machine is perfect for two-component and multi-component products, including livelihood supplies, automotive lamp housing, etc, with its clamping force ranging from 160 tons to 550 tons.
The benefits of rotary plastic injection molding machine is that it can pick double station or 3 station, which means it have one upper mold, 2 or 3 lower molds. The operator puts the inserts here, and the clamping mechanism closes the mold to make the item. Better efficiency, and keep labor costs by completing the operation by 1 person.
- Vertical 4 columns clamping, vertical injection
- One top mold, two bottoms and mold design, turn out the champing area by rotation
- Put insert part into outside mold and inner mold injection at the exact time.
- Workers or robots just need to work in one position within non-working mold, which better safety
- We can upgrade to serve motor for clients need, the real energy save 50 – 70 percent.
- The injection molding machine is perfect for molding plastic materials with inserts, such as lithium battery parts molding, motor rotor, click rotor, etc.
- The reserved position next to the machine permits simple addition of automation devices and the special design of low noise machine work.
Industrial application of rotary table plastic injection molding machine
Here are some of the applications of rotary table plastic injection molding machine:
Due to thousand of medical devices healthcare experts need to give the best care possible, rotary table injection molding is indispensable to the medical industry. Firms use injection molding in medical devices to produce diagnostic test kits, surgical prep products, device packaging, stethoscope parts, x-ray components and medical research tools. Those in the medical industry trust on injection molding to make sure their devices are produced to the highest standards possible.
- Food and beverage
Beverage and food producers advantage greatly from plastic processing industries and injection molding. Any item made to process or store foods must meet FDA standards. Injection molding permits food and beverage firms to meet these standards by producing products with food-grade materials and plastics, like those that are non-toxic and BPA-free.
- Consumer products
One of the key uses for injection molding is to make consumer products. For example, toy firms use injection molding to make identical plastic items featuring the versatility, durability, and cleanability children toys need. Other firms use injection molding machines to craft electronic devices, household items, and automotive parts.
Others applications are in transportation, telecommunication and pharmaceuticals.